We present the Full Story of an American actor who is best known as “Sly“.
Our Sylvester Stallone Childhood Story plus Untold Biography Facts brings you a full account of notable events from his childhood time to date.
The analysis of the American actor, screenwriter, director, and producer involves his early life, life story before fame, family background, and personal life. More so, other OFF and ON-Screen little-known facts about him.
Yes, everyone knows of his lead role in the Rocky and Rambo film series. And his veteran actor status – similar to Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks, Mel Gibson, etc. However, only a few consider Sylvester Stallone’s Biography, which is quite interesting. Now, without further ado, let’s begin.
Sylvester Stallone Childhood Story – Early Life and Family Background:
Starting off, Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone was born on the 6th day of July 1946 at Hell’s Kitchen in New York, United States.
Sylvester Stallone was born to his mother, Jackie Stallone, and to his father, Frank Stallone Sr.
The American citizen of Italian ethnicity with French Breton roots was perfectly formed in his mother’s womb, but didn’t grow up to become an ideal handsome man.
This is due to the fact that the lower side of his face suffered paralysis as obstetricians pulled him from his mother’s womb using a pair of forceps.
As a result, he grew up with droopy eyes and slurry voice but nonetheless faced life headlong.
“I’m not handsome in the classical sense. My eyes droop, my mouth is crooked, my teeth aren’t straight, my voice sounds like a Mafioso pallbearer, but somehow it all works.”
Remarked Stallone years later.
The acting prodigy spent the first 5 years of his life in boarding care before rejoining his parents in their hostile marriage.
Stallone’s family thereafter moved to Maryland in Washington, where their father Frank started a beauty parlour.
It was Maryland that Stallone was raised alongside his younger brother Frank.
Life was not a bed of roses for Stallone and his kid brother who bore witness to the numerous fallout between their parents, culminating in divorce when Stallone was aged 9.
Stallone stayed with his father for a few years after the divorce before joining his mother who remarried in Philadelphia.
Sylvester Stallone Education:
Stallone struggled academically in a number of schools due to lack of wholesome parental care and was surrounded by school peers who made fun of him.
He, however, began to record significant development after being reunited with his mother at Philadelphia and enrolled at Norte Dame Academy.
Subsequent academic pursuits saw Stallone progress to Lincoln High school, Charlotte Hall Military Academy as well as American College in Switzerland and University of Miami, where he both studied drama.
Sylvester Stallone Biography – Journey To Fame Story:
Stallone, upon graduation from college, left for New York to pursue a career in acting.
While waiting for his career to kick off he worked a number of odd jobs including cleaning up the cages of lions at a central zoo park, serving as an usher at a movie theatre and to cap it all, starred in a softcore adult movie titled The Party at Kitty and Stud’s (1970).
He thereafter clinched small roles in a number of movies that neither brought him any closer to achieving fame nor improve on his fast dwindling finances.
Sylvester Stallone Biography – Success Story:
1975 was the year during which a desperate Stallone awoke the screenwriter in him after watching a boxing contest between Muhammad Ali and an underdog boxer named Chuck Wepner.
The match inspired Stallone to write the script of “Rocky” in three days after which he sought producers to execute the plot using him as the underdog boxing lead character.
He finally got a producer who unlike others, neither tried to buy off the script nor desired a popular actor to play the lead role.
“Rocky” was filmed in 1975 and released in 1976. The movie recorded commercial success, secured many academy nominations, won honours and established Stallone as a popular actor and director.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Sylvester Stallone Relationships or Dating History:
The Movie superstar has been married thrice. We bring you details about his past and present marital relationship, beginning with his first marriage to Saha Crack.
Stalone and Sasha got married in 1974. It was Sasha who put up with Stallone struggles before he had his breakthrough in Rocky two years later.
The estranged couples’ marriage was blessed with two children before their separation a decade later. The children include:
1. Sage Moonblood Stallone (born 5th May 1976). He was an actor and horror film distributor until his untimely death when he was aged 36.
2. Seargeoh Stallone (born 1979). He is Stallone’s second child and was diagnosed with autism when he was aged 3. Consequently, he lives a private life and not much is known about him.
Moving on Stallone married Brigitte Nielsen only to divorce her 2 years later. No child was born of the union.
The actor’s third marriage was his union with Jennifer Flavin in 1997.
Their marriage is blessed with three kids. They include:
1. Sophia Stallone (born 27 August 1996). She is the first daughter born to the family. The recent graduate of the University of Southern California is a lover of books and movies.
2. Sistene Stallone (born 27th June 1998). She is a model who was once described by Vogue as a “fresh face to watch”.
3. Last but definitely not the least is Scarlet Stallone (born 25th May 2002). Scarlet is the baby of the house who shares a striking resemblance with her father.
Sylvester Stallone Family Life:
Stallone was born into a family of four. We bring you factual details about his family life.
About Sylvester Stallone’s father:
Francesco “Frank” Stallone Sr is the father of the actor. He was a polo enthusiast and writer who worked as a hairdresser and actor.
Frank had a hostile marriage with Stallone’s mother, As a result, Stallone spent his first five years of his life at foster care away from their drama.
They got divorced not long after with Frank getting married to two women (Rose Marie Stallone and Kathleen Rhodes) before his death at the old age of 91.
About Sylvester Stallone’s mother:
Jackie Stallone is the mother of the actor. She is an astrology enthusiast who worked as a dancer and promoter of female wrestling.
After the fall out of her previous marriage, Jackie got married to Anthony Filiti with whom she had a daughter with.
About Stallone’s Siblings: Stallone has 4 siblings. They include:
1. Frank Stallone Jr: He is Stallone’s younger brother born of the same parents. Frank is mostly a musician with an interest in acting and the collection of boxing histories.
2. Toni Ann D’Alto: She is the daughter born of Stallone’s mother second marriage with Anthony Filiti. Toni was an actress and drug addict until her death of Lung Cancer in 2012.
3. Little is known about Carla Francesca Stallone Beaven who was born of Frank Sr. second marriage with Rose Marie Stallone.
4. Dante Alexander Stallone is a model and the youngest of the Stallone’s. He was also born of Frank’s third marriage with Kathleen Rhodes.
Sylvester Stallone Untold Biography Facts:
Do you know?
- Stallone demanding roles in movies has seen him suffer many injuries including a broken neck that was fixed with the insertion of a metal plate.
- He has only starred in two movies that didn’t see him play “tough nut roles”. The movies include ‘Over the Top’ (1978) as well as ‘Tango and Cash’ (1980).
- Stallone was awarded “cinematic achievement in boxing by Boxing” Writers Association of America and was also inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame in 2011 along with Mike Tyson despite not fighting in a real boxing contest.
- He once ventured into Magazine Business with the title Sly. The magazine which had contents ranging from health tips to celebrity interviews existed for a very short time with just four issues.
- It is quite ironical that the actor who has used lots of guns in his films is against possession of guns by civilians owing to the fact that he lost one of his friends, actor Phil Hartman to a gunshot wound.
Sylvester Stallone Personal Life Facts:
Stallone has the following attributes to his personality
1. Stallone loves painting.
2. He is claustrophobic and also afraid of heights.
3. Half of his chest has more veins because he tore one of his pectoral muscles while trying to prove himself agile during a bench-pressing contest.
Sylvester Stallone Life Style:
Stallone is a proud owner of a Beverly Hills Mansion worth $10 Million that reflect his successes as the ultimate action hero of Hollywood.
The mansion is adorned with a fleet of exquisite cars that include Mustang GT, Hendricks Camaro SS, Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Black Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, Bentley Continental GTC and Mercedes SL65 AMG Black Series.
FACT CHECK: Thanks for reading our Sylvester Stallone Childhood Story plus untold biography facts. In childhood biography, we strive for accuracy and fairness in our routine of delivering you Famous Actors’ Biographies. Surely, the Childhood story of Jet Li, Dave Bautista, Wentworth Miller and Tom Cruise.
If you see something that doesn’t look right in this article, please place your comment or contact us!